CFAES Give Today

School of Environment and Natural Resources


Academic Advising FAQs

How do I declare an ENR major?
Students should call (614)292-2265 to set up an appointment with an Academic Advisor regarding transferring into SENR.

Is there a required GPA to get into SENR?
Students must be in good academic standing (GPA above a 2.0) in order to be eligible to transfer into the SENR.

How do I calculate/predict my GPA?
OSU GPAs are calculated based on a points system for each letter grade. See our page on Grading for more information.

How do I transfer my credits to The Ohio State University?
Send an official transcript to the Transfer Credit Center and your credit will be evaluated and posted to your record.

How do I get a copy of my official transcript?
You can order an official transcript online through the Registrar’s website

How do I get a copy of my advising report?
Go to your student center, under the “Academics” tab there is a “Generate Advising Report” link.

Where can I get a curriculum sheet for my SENR major?
Curriculum sheets can be found here.

How can I run a degree audit?
Go to your student center, under the “Academics” tab, there is a “DARSweb” link. More detail can be found on the Registrar’s website.

How do I make an appointment with an SENR academic advisor?
Call the main office for SENR at (614) 292-2265 to set up an appointment with an academic advisor.

How do I make an appointment with my faculty mentor?
Faculty handle their own schedules. You can contact them by e-mail or phone to set up an appointment.  The faculty directory can be found here.

What is a faculty mentor?
Faculty mentors are specialized within your major and can offer valuable guidance. Faculty mentors are typically assigned to students at the end of their first year.   Contact us for more information on being assigned a faculty mentor.

Why can’t I schedule?
Generally, a student is unable to schedule due to a hold on their account. This could be due to fees, academic warning, an incomplete financial responsibility statement, etc. If you are unsure why you have a hold or how to get it removed, contact us (614) 292-2265.

What are add/drop deadlines?
Up until the first Friday of the semester, you can add courses through online registration.  Up until the second Friday of the semester, you can add courses using a course enrollment permission form.  After the second Friday of the semester, courses may only be added through petition and will incur a late fee.

Up until the fourth Friday of the semester, you can drop a course through online registration.  After the fourth Friday, you must come into 210 Kottman Hall in order to drop a course.  You will receive a grade of W on your record for the course, indicating that you withdrew.  After the tenth Friday, courses cannot be dropped. 

What if a class is full/there is a time conflict/I don’t have prerequisites?
These issues can all be addressed by getting an instructor signature on a course enrollment permission slip.

Can I substitute a course in my curriculum requirements?
Changes to your curriculum require meeting with an academic advisor and your faculty mentor.  A course change petition form is submitted to request the change.