To apply to the Environment and Natural Resources Graduate Program, go to http://gradadmissions.osu.edu/
Follow the guidelines, and complete the online application. You may call the Graduate Admissions Office (614-292-9444) or MIchelle Smith (614-292-9883) if you have specific questions regarding the application process.
The following items must be sent to Graduate Admissions:
- Official GRE scores (institution code 1592, no department code necessary). Applicants are welcome, but not required, to submit the ETS Personal Potential Index (PPI).
- English language test scores if you are an international applicant (institution code 1592, no department code necessary).
The following items are sent to the SENR Graduate Program Office:
- Sealed, official transcripts from each university you have attended, sent directly to Michelle Smith, Graduate Program Coordinator, School of Environment and Natural Resources, 210 Kottman Hall, 2021 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210. If you attended Ohio State, there is no need to request transcripts; SENR can access your record. Applicants may also upload unofficial transcripts with the online application for reveiw processes only; if admitted, sealed, official transcripts must be submitted.
- Statement of purpose - should EITHER be uploaded with the online application OR emailed to email@example.com
- Resume/CV- EITHER uploaded with the online application OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three letters of recommendation addressed to the Environment and Natural Resources Graduate Studies Committee and the Reference Form. Please request the recommender identify or address their relationship with you in the letter, e.g. course instructor, master's advisor, undergraduate advisor, etc.
- It is preferred that your recommenders submit the Reference Form and their letter online. As you complete the online application, please fill in the names and emails of your recommenders and check the box to submit recommendation letters online. Your recommender will receive an email with instructions from the Graduate Admissions office after you have paid the application fee.
- If your recommenders are not able to submit online, they may email attachments of the completed Reference Form and their letter on letterhead to email@example.com, or fax to 614-292-7432, or send by postal mail to Michelle Smith, Graduate Program Coordinator, School of Environment and Natural Resources, 210 Kottman Hall, 2021 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210.
After applying online, manage your application account online at www.osu.edu/futurestudents under Graduate-Application Status.
- When you check your Applicant Center, "incomplete" items have not been received/logged in yet; "completed" items have been received and logged.
- When your application is "under review" it means that Graduate Admissions is reviewing your transcripts to make an official GPA calculation. It does NOT mean that the ENR Graduate Studies Committee is actively reviewing your application. The ENR Graduate Studies Committee reviews applications throughout the academic year at the next meeting after the application is complete.
- Please note that only the Graduate Admissions Office has control over the transcript, GRE, and English language test checklist items. The Graduate Admissions Office receives a VERY high volume of mail and may take 7-10 business days to process an item and mark it as completed.
- The SENR graduate program office has control over the letters of recommendation, statement, resume, and additional checklist items. During the months of August to January, it may take 1-3 business days to process an item and mark it as completed.
- If you are concerned about the receipt of any items, please check your Applicant Center first and then contact Michelle Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-9883.