2018 Environmental Policy and Outlook Conference
2018 Environmental Policy and Outlook Conference at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center Register here.
Water Quality: Pathways to Sustainability
9:00am - Keynote: Gail Hesse, National Wildlife Federation: “Lake Erie: Finding Smart, Realistic, Sustainable Solutions for a Healthy Lake”
9:45am - Professor Allen Klaiber: "The Economic Impacts of Harmful Algal Blooms"
10:10am- Professor Brent Sohngen: “How Much Could it Cost to Meet a 40% Reduction in Phosphorus Emissions in the Western Lake Erie Basin?”
10:35am - Break
11:00am - Panel:
- Karl Gebhardt, Deputy Director for Water Resources, Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Kristy Meyer, Ohio Environmental Council
- Yvonne Lesicko, Vice President, Public Policy, Ohio Farm Bureau
12:15pm - Lunch
Energy: Economics and Policy of Renewables and Climate Change
1:00pm - Keynote: Beth Trombold, Commissioner, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
1:45pm: - Dave Sims, Avangrid Renewables LLC: "Renewable Energy Markets"
2:15pm - Break
2:30pm - Scott Weaver, AEP: “AEP’s Clean Energy Future”
3:00pm - Panel – What should the future of energy in Ohio be? How do we get there?
- Senator Bill Beagle
- Trish Demeter, Vice President of Policy - Energy, Ohio Environmental Council
- Michael Shelton, Associate Director for the Office of Energy and Environment, The Ohio State University
4:30pm - Conclusion