Deadline- Application Due for Stone Lab Scholarships
Stone Lab’s Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Scholarship Program is a competitive comprehensive research internship that attracts students from across the country to learn how to conduct real, in-the-field research alongside top scientists. Over five weeks, participants use scientific equipment, explore the Lake Erie islands, and collect important data to help solve the most pressing issues for the Great Lakes region.
While taking a five-week course at Stone Lab, REU students spend their non-class days focused on research. Working closely with their research supervisor, they collect data, learn how to write about their discoveries and give a final presentation to their peers — learning the research process from start to finish and gaining valuable professional experience.
STUDENTS SELECTED FOR THE REU PROGRAM RECEIVE A FULL SCHOLARSHIP TO STONE LAB, INCLUDING:
- Lab fee
- Room and meals
- In-state tuition for a 5-week course
- In-state tuition for the 2-credit research experience
STUDENTS APPLYING FOR THE REU PROGRAM MUST SUBMIT:
- All official college transcripts
- Cover letter (highlight previous background experiences and how the REU program and Stone Lab courses will support your academic and professional career)
- Two letters of recommendation (from non-relatives and individuals who can speak to your academic successes and work ethic) emailed directly to email@example.com.
Read more at https://ohioseagrant.osu.edu/research/reu