Understanding Algal Blooms: State of the Science Conference
Understanding Algal Blooms: State of the Science Conference will highlight current scientific knowledge about algal blooms: model predictions, updated best management practices, and water treatment methods to remove toxins. Presenters will come from regional agencies and institutions, with an expected audience largely from Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
Research and outreach leaders will present findings from recent studies and identify important areas of uncertainty. Specific topics will include:
- highlights from recent modeling studies
- the latest edge-of-field results
- rates and rationale for adoption of management practices
- monitoring and tracking algal blooms in Lake Erie
- water treatment methods to reduce cyanobacteria
Expected audience includes academic researchers, state and federal agencies and the agricultural community interested in the latest algal bloom science and technology. A complete conference agenda will be made available in the near future.
This conference is sponsored by Sea Grant, Ohio State University, and the US Department of Agriculture.