The Forestry Extension program at the Ohio State University covers a wide variety of subject areas.
Programs we offer are varied in their focus. Outreach opportunities available to you include:
- Ohio Woodland Stewards Program-focusing on the private woodland owners.
- Forest Operations and Products-centers on the sustainable utilization of our forest resources.
- Urban Forestry-responsible for caring for trees and forests located close to cities, towns and villages.
- Production Forestry-over 5,000 products are made from trees, which makes forestry a significant contribution to our state’s economy.
View and learn more about upcoming programs here.
Ohio Woodland Stewards Program
Currently 31% of Ohio’s landscape is forested, more than 80% of that land is privately owned. The private woodland owners are the focus of the majority of the programming of the Ohio Woodland Stewards Program.
This Program provides:
- Woodland owners with a variety of practical forestry skills.
- Knowledge that will assist woodland owners in making more informed decisions regarding stewardship of their acreage.
- Classes, workshops, publications and web based information that is relevant to woodland owners.
To learn more contact:
Kathy Smith, Extension Forestry Program Director and Ohio Woodland Stewards Program Coordinator
School of Environment and Natural Resources
The Ohio State University
379B Kottman Hall
2021 Coffey Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210-1085