- Enroll in a minimum of 3 credit hours. Enroll in more hours to meet other eligibility requirements.
- Submit the Application to Graduate form to the SENR graduate program coordinator by the published deadline.
- List all committee members on graduation application.
- Request the Graduate Specialization Transcript Designation form if desired.
- Complete in-person and online Exit Interview with SENR Director, Graduate Studies Committee chair, and SENR graduate program coordinator, date will be determined after published deadline.
- Check how your name is listed and spelled in the Student Center. This is how your name will appear on your diploma. If you need to make a change, submit the Request for Change of Record form to the registrar.
- Create a timeline for completion with your advisor and committee.
- Read graduation information emailed from the Graduate School about your procession number and cap/gown purchase instructions.
- If you are not attending commencement, submit the Commencement Ceremony Excused form to the Graduate School at least two weeks before commencement.
*End-of-Semester graduation is registering, enrolling, applying, and completing degree requirements by the last business day before the next term begins in order to receive your diploma and attend commencement in the following term without paying additional tuition fees.
MS Graduation Checklist
Master’s Examination/Exit Seminar
- Work with your committee to schedule your Exit Seminar (open portion) and defense (closed portion), your entire committee must attend both the open and closed portions.
- Schedule room(s) at least two weeks prior to seminar/defense
- If needed, submit petition for videoconferencing form to SENR graduate program coordinator at least two weeks prior to seminar/defense.
- Email the Exit Seminar form and a picture for flyer to the SENR graduate program coordinator at least two weeks prior to seminar/defense.
After successful completion:
- Submit copy of signed Master’s Examination Report form to graduate program coordinator.
- Submit the original Master’s Examination Report form to the Graduate School by the published deadline.
- Optional: Take a printed (double-sided is fine) copy of your thesis to the Graduate School during business hours to check formatting only.
- Consult with your advisor if you need to delay dissemination of your thesis.
- Create the committee-approved thesis as pdf and follow OhioLink online submission instructions before published deadline.
- Submit a copy of the signed Thesis Approval form to the SENR graduate program coordinator.
- Submit the original Thesis Approval form to the Graduate School after receiving the acceptance email by the published deadline. Note: If you are not physically present to submit the form(s), give them to the SENR graduate program coordinator to hold until your submission is approved by the Graduate School and then the forms can be delivered to the Graduate School by the published deadline.
- If delaying dissemination, submit the Petition to Delay Dissemination of Dissertations and Theses form with the Thesis Approval form.