Student Resources

For resources for prospective students please see our informational pages here:

Program overview

Professional master's

Master of Science

Doctoral program

Degree Requirements


The Graduate School is the central office that establishes rules and expectations to ensure the quality of graduate education at The Ohio State University. These rules are published in the Graduate School Handbook, which you are not expected to read in full but should be aware of.

Additionally, each graduate program establishes its own local rules and procedures, with which all students and faculty in the program should be familiar. You can find the ENRGP Handbook here. At minimum, students should read the chapter pertaining to the degree that they are pursuing.




Find the full academic calendar here with term start and end dates, university holidays, and more.

Registration and fee payment deadlines, visit the website of the university registrar:

Registration and fee payment dates:

For registration instructions and course load (minimum and maximum enrollment), or for instructions on reactivating enrollment eligibility, the Graduate School has a very helpful page:

Funding Opportunities

Current graduate students pursuing the MS and PhD are eligible to hold graduate associateships. Your advisor may offer to support you on a graduate research associateship (GRA). Students are also considered for graduate teaching associateships (GTA) if requested by their advisor. Graduate administrative associateships (GAA) are not commonly available within SENR. Funding typically covers the 9-month academic year; summer funding should be discussed with your advisor.

MENR students should expect to self-fund for the duration of their program. Information about financial aid for graduate students, such as federal loans, can be found on the Student Financial Aid website. MENR students may also serve as Student Instructional Assistants (SIAs), who are available to do hourly work related to assisting the instruction of a course, such as grading or driving students to field sites. MENR students who would like to be available as an SIA should contact the graduate program coordinator.

The Office for Research and Graduate Education in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences maintains a list of funding opportunities for graduate students that can be used for purposes such as research or professional development.

Academic and Research Resources

As an Ohio State university graduate student, you can benefit from a wealth of resources to succeed academically. These resources are paid for by student fees, so you should take advantage of them as much as possible.

The Graduate School maintains an excellent list of research resources here. Below are some resources that we recommend for all students:

The Dennis Learning Center offers one-on-one academic coaching and workshops on topics such as effective note-taking, good study habits, and beating procrastination.

The Research Commons provides workshops and one-on-one consultation with research support experts, rooms for group projects and meetings, and more.

Social, Wellness, and Student Life

Thriving as a graduate student requires more than just doing well in your classes, and Ohio State provides a wealth of ways to stay connected socially and take care of yourself. Many of these resources are entirely covered by your student fees. The Graduate School maintains an excellent list of these resources here.

Below are a few resources of which all students should be aware:

Full-time students have free access to Ohio State's world-class Recreation and Physical Activity Center (RPAC). We encourage all students to make the most of this facility while they are here!

The Student Wellness Center offers programming and one-on-one consultation in a number of wellness areas, such as financial or nutritional coaching. This is a great place to start if you want to stay well but need some expert advice in different areas.

The Counseling and Consultation Service is a great place to go if you feel like life is getting the better of you, or if you would like to talk to someone before things get to that point. Individual and group sessions--including groups for graduate students--are available. If you think you might be interested, you should call now in order to get in as early as possible.