Getting Help with Carmen Canvas
Help resources for Carmen Canvas, the University's learning management system (LMS), can be found in two primary places: The Ohio State's Resource Center and The Canvas Community Guides. See below.
These guides contain information specific to Ohio State users. This is where you find information on the services provided by Ohio State. The following links provide answers to some Carmen Canvas FAQs.
- How do I create my academic course?
- How do I add participants to my course?
- How do I Merge / Split courses?
- How do I transfer my final grades to the registrar?
- How do I create/use Master Courses?
The Canvas Community contains step-by-step help guides for the following users: Canvas Administrators, Instructors, Students, Observers, Designers, and Canvas Newbies. Each guide provides different lessons to help each user understand how Canvas works. Guides are general in order to suit the needs of all Canvas users at all institutions. Guides are continually updated and downloadable. To learn more, you can visit the Canvas Help Resources.
- How do I copy content from another Canvas course?
- How do I view a course using a test student?
- How do I publish a course?
- How do I manage Course Navigation links?
How to Search Canvas Guides
- Navigate to carmen.osu.edu and enter into a Carmen course.
- Click the Help link in the Global Navigation Bar (black bar on left-side of browser window)
- Click the Search the Canvas Guides link.
- Type in the search box the topic you want more information about.
- View the most relevant guide(s).
If you need assistance using Carmen, you can email one of the following Ohio State support personnel. Be as specific as possible. Include your course name, term, browser used, screenshots, etc.
General University Support: firstname.lastname@example.org,