Registration for the 2017 Ohio Environmental Leaders Institute is Now Open!
Learn more about the 2017 program.
Register Now for the 2017 program.
Developing Leadership in Ohio’s Urban Environmental Landscape
The Ohio Environmental Leaders Institute provides environmental, natural resources and sustainability professionals (and professionals-in-training) with the skills needed to better address the many complex, unique environmental issues facing our state. This annual, cohort-based program seeks participants from the private, public, non-profit sectors. Individuals who lead, or who aspire to lead collaborative planning and decision-making processes that integrate science and public values will benefit the most from participating in OELI.
Sessions are designed to include Ohio-specific environmental education, interactive skills sessions focused on collaborative problem-solving and leadership development. This year’s program will focus on urban environmental issues, including (but not limited to) local foods, safe drinking water, environmental justice and climate adaptation.
Participants will learn through a diverse offering of activities, including case studies, discussions, role plays, site visits and presentations from subject-matter experts and environmental leaders from around Ohio.
Each annual Institute cohort joins an expanding leadership network to advance policy discussions in Ohio.
For a full schedule of sessions, agendas and to register, please visit oeli.osu.edu or contact Joe Bonnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline: September 22, 2017
Registration fee: $300.00 (includes materials and meals) Single session: $125.00
OELI participants will also receive a special discount to the 2017 MORPC Summit on Sustainability on November 14.
For more information on the Summit, visit www.morpc.org.
What past OELI participants are saying about the program:
· The mix of presentations and discussions helped give context and ability to digest concepts.
· Fantastic opportunity. I will be sending my staff to future institutes.
· Experiences and contacts extraordinary
· Great interaction with other attendees. I very much value the dialogue and thought-provoking format.
· The negotiation skills role-play example is something I can take back to the office and immediately implement.
· I heard many new perspectives on sustainability...negotiation technique, and self-awareness as a leader.