The School of Environment and Natural Resources (SENR) is pleased to release our most recent impact statements. The eight featured statements represent the leadership of our faculty and staff and the successful outcomes of our students and impact of our teaching, research and outreach in 2019.
How we made a difference:
- We helped landowners, agencies and NGOs manage their forest resources by pioneering new management approaches and education
- We facilitated networking and communication of science-based knowledge to minimize human-wildlife conflict
- We documented the linkages between people and the production and consumption of energy
- We increased energy literacy among our students and paved the way to launch an interdisciplinary graduate specialization in sustainable energy
- We investigated of the use of fire as a broad ecosystem management and restoration program and provided vital information to state resource managers on the use of prescribed fire
- We engaged our students in experiential (hands-on) learning opportunities to address employer needs and provided professional development for students
- We provided students with applied, mentored research experiences to prepare the next generation of scientists
- We engaged youth in educational and experiential environmental programs to foster a lifelong appreciation of the natural world and increase their knowledge of natural resources and environmental concerns
- We provided an engaging and inclusive network platform where environmental professionals could connect and grow professionally
Learn more here about the impact of our teaching, research and outreach.