The Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist Strategic Planning Meeting
Date: Friday Jan 30, 2015
Location: 382 Kottman Hall, School of Environment and Natural Resources, 2021 Coffey Road, Columbus Ohio 43210
Please RSVP to Mary Slyby (email@example.com) by Tuesday (1/20) if you will be attending the program and if you would like us to have a lunch for you or if you need Adobe connection information. If you have questions about the meeting contact Anne Baird (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist (ocvn.osu.edu/) program is a natural resource education and volunteer service program developed by OSU Extension in the School of Environment and Natural Resources. It is one of a growing number of such programs in the US. (www.anrosp.org/index.html).
As the program continues to gain in popularity and new OSU Extension professionals want to offer the program new questions emerge as to how this program will grow in Ohio to meet the demand. This meeting is a chance for OSU Extension professionals involved in the Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalists program to be involved in establishing the future direction of the program. This first meeting will be open to OSU Extension professionals who are either currently offering the program or have a program scheduled to begin in 2015 or 2016.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the program.
- Identify and discuss issues identified related specifically to volunteer service and management.
- Introductions/Welcome by Administrator(s) (11:00—11:15 AM)
- Overview of the status of volunteer service and volunteer management in the OCVN program and other programs (11:15—11:45AM)
- Identification of service volunteer management issues/questions (11:40—12:00 PM)
- Catered lunch (12:00—12:30 PM)
- Strategic planning (identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) (12:30—1:30 PM)
- Discussion of issues related to service, volunteer management and strategic growth of program (1:30—2:45 PM)
- Wrap up and next steps (2:45—3PM)