Welcome to the Terrestrial Wildlife Ecology Lab!
The Terrestrial Wildlife Ecology Laboratory (TWEL) works to contribute information and expertise to support effective stewardship of Ohio's wildlife resources and promotes understanding of ecological and social factors that effect wildlife and natural resources nationally and internationally.
TWEL fulfills the land grant mission of The Ohio State University by:
- Conducting research to support stewardship of wildlife resources.
- Providing information and professional expertise.
- Engaging stakeholders.
- Educating and training current and future wildlife biologists
TWEL is a cooperative venture between the following:
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife
- OSU School of Environment and Natural Resources
- Ohio State University Extension
- Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center
- Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration
The emerald ash borer (EAB) has killed millions of ash trees in Ohio, the Midwest and eastern North America, including possibly yours. But there are ways to help your woods bounce back. For starters, you should scout for invasive plants on a...
The Urban Coyote Research Project recently refreshed its’ online presence with a new look and a new opportunity to stay engaged with the project through their featured...