This page contains important information regarding the University's response to COVID-19. It also describes the best way to contact the SENR office.
New Grading Option for Spring 2020
The university has proposed several changes that give you new options for grading during this semester. These changes, include:
- Extending the deadline for you to request the Pass/Non-Pass option (PA/NP) until April 17, 2020
- Expanding the range of classes eligible for the PA/NP option to include GE courses (the option previously was available only for electives)
In addition to these provisions, and only for the current semester, CFAES (including SENR) will allow you to choose to have major or minor courses graded on a PA/NP basis. A request for each course will need to be made by April 17 to elect the option.
You should consult with your academic advisor about choosing the PA/NP option. Your advisor can talk with you about the implications this choice may have for your plans during and after college. Because the PA/NP grades do not factor into GPA calculations, such a grade cannot lower your GPA, but it also will not raise it. There may be other issues to consider as well, and your advisor can discuss those with you.
Directions on how to request PA/NP will be listed here.
Questions regarding this option can be directed to your academic advisor or to Renee Johnston through email@example.com or by calling 614.292.2265.
These forms can be completed in adobe and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course Change Petition
- Specialization Course Verification Form EEDS
- Specialization Course Verification Form EPDM
- Specialization Course Verification Form Env Sci
- Specialization Course Verification Form FFW
- Specialization Course Verification Form NRM
Scheduling an advising appointment
Academic and career advisors are holding appointments by telephone or zoom. Please call 614-292-2265 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Be sure to include the following information in your request: Name, telephone number, last name.#, reason for the appointment, and specific days and times that would work for you.
SP20 Important Dates – REVISED
- Last day to drop a course (with a W) - Friday, April 17
- Last day to request grade forgiveness – Friday, April 17
- Last day to request Pass/Non-Pass - Friday, April 17
- Last day of classes – Friday, April 24
- Final exams – Monday, April 27 through Friday, May 1
- Spring Commencement - TBD
Contacting the Academic Team
Please email a member of the Academic Team if you have any questions or concerns.
- Renee Johnston – Johnston.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susie Burks – email@example.com
- Katie Miller – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheryl Walter – email@example.com
- Lucia Hadella – Hadella.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Esther DeBusk – email@example.com
- Brett Baughman – Baughman.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Molly Giammarco – Giammarco.email@example.com
Autumn Scheduling has begun!
Please remember to schedule your classes when your enrollment appointment begins. As a reminder, you can check Buckeyelink to find the date of your enrollment appointment.
If you need to add a class that requires instructor permission you will need to obtain that permission by email and then forward it on to firstname.lastname@example.org. It must be sent from your buckeyemail account as well as the instructor’s Ohio State email. Be sure to include the unique 5-digit class number of all class components (Lecture, Lab, Recitation, etc.) for which you need to be registered.
Information on the Virus
For information about the virus including symptoms and tips on how to stay healthy please visit this website https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/features/coronavirus
Counseling and Consultation Services (CCS) at The Ohio State University – students can access many self-help tools available on the CCS website at https://ccs.osu.edu and the CCS phone line 614-292-5766 remains available for emergency assistance 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Students can push 2 to reach a mental health counselor at any time.