Internships are a great way to apply what you are learning in the classroom to a professional working environment. They are also a great way to determine if your chosen career path is the right fit for you. Once you have successfully completed an internship, you may enhance your possibilities of becoming an employee of that business or organization.
Benefits of an internship include:
- Having the Opportunity to Network
Having an internship gets you involved in your career field and gives you an opportunity to meet people and make connections. You will become familiar to people in your field through professional societies, conferences, meetings and other work events. By networking you will find out about job opportunities and allow you to get your foot in the door.
- Learn about the culture and the way an industry works
Through an internship, you will learn about the culture of a company, how things work, the industry's processes and how things operate.
- Academic Credit
You can earn up to 1-2 hours of academic credit for an internship. Some majors require an internship for your degree.
- Where should I start looking for an internship?
- Check your OSU email. When our Career Services receives a job posting looking for students to apply for positions quickly, we will send it out via your OSU email.
- As a student in the School of Environment and Natural Resources, be sure you are a registered user for our HireaBuckeye system.
- Like us on Facebook. We post a lot of job opportunities on our Facebook page.
- Check out some of the helpful links below for more great resources.
These links are great resources for starting your search for the perfect internship.
How to apply for an internship
Applying for an internship is like applying for a job. You should have a cover letter and resume prepared. Our Career Services office is available to review and assist you with your internship application. Please contact us to schedule an appoinment.