Make progress towards your degree this summer at Ohio State’s island campus. The School of Environment and Natural Resources offers courses at Stone Lab relevant for every SENR major.
Consider spending one week, one month or two months at Stone Lab. All majors are eligible to enroll. Click on the Course Offering Guide to see which courses are included in your major specialization. Review your options and if you have questions, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor by calling 614.292.2265.
Paying for Stone Lab
- Each year, Stone Lab and the Ohio Sea Grant award nearly 40 scholarships to students and educators with financial need and superior academic records. Anyone taking a for-credit class (and some workshops) is eligible to apply. Last year, undergraduate students were awarded more than $800 on average. Scholarships range from $200-2,500.
- The School of Environment and Natural Resources will be offering room and board scholarships for ENR students attending a four-week session. Full room and board scholarships will be awarded to students with demonstrated financial need. Half room and board scholarships will be open to all ENR students. Deadline to apply is February 15.
- Click on the links below for information and applications:
- Stone Lab hires several students each summer who are enrolled in a four-or six-week course. Salary includes housing and some meals.
- Duties include daily operations of the lab, including research activities, housekeeping and kitchen duties, as well as assist with tours at the Aquatic Visitors Center and South Bass Island Lighthouse.
- The application can be found at stonelab.osu.edu/applynow and must be received by 5 p.m. on March 3, 2020.
Research Experience for Undergraduates
Gain scientific, in-the-field research skills
REU program runs for six weeks
Students take one six week class and non-class days are focused on research
Selected students receive a full scholarship including lab fee, room and board (meals), in-state tuition for the 2-credit research experience and in-state tuition for one six-week Stone Lab course.
The application is due by 5 p.m. on February 3, 2020.
For more information on the Stone Lab REU and the link to apply, click here.