Students that wish to be considered for admission into the SENR Honors Program must meet the minimum requirements below:
- 3.4 cumulative GPA for at least 1 semester of enrollment
- Enroll in honors before completing 60 semester hours of coursework (note: exceptions may be made for transfer students)
Students interested in pursuing honors in SENR should follow the application process outlined below.
- Meet with the Honors Chair, Dr. Lauren Pintor, to discuss your interests. Dr. Pintor will give you guidance as you begin to identify faculty that you are interested in working with on an honors research project.
- Select an honors faculty advisor – this step can take a bit of time as you look into their research areas, make contact with them, and meet to discuss your potential honors program.
- Complete the SENR Honors Study Program with your faculty advisor, you will build a program of courses that will meet your needs and is tailored to your specific interests.
- Submit your Honors Study Program to 210 Kottman Hall. Please review your program to ensure accuracy in course numbers and credit hours before submitting. Errors on the document will slow down the approval process. Your study program will be reviewed within two weeks after it is received.
- You will be notified when your Honors Study Program is approved and you are officially enrolled in the SENR Honors Program.
In order to maintain your honors status a minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA is required. There will be annual evaluations of grades at the end of each spring semester. If you have concerns related to your grades, it is recommended that you meet with the Honors Chair.